The April factor performance data is in and Quality, Yield and Dividend Growth stocks outperformed.
Equity markets were relatively neutral following a strong first quarter. However, in developed markets inflation remains an issue due to rate increases, causing turmoil in the banking sector. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th largest bank failures in US history occurred within 6 weeks raising concerns about potential future hikes to the federal funds rate, which stands at 5-5.25%.
Find out what this trend means and which sub-factors to keep an eye on, all in our latest global report.
Gain insights regarding
- What kind of Quality subfactors outperformed globally, despite mixed signals for Quality subfactors in Europe and the UK
- Why Yield outperformed in the US, whilst the US economy is showing signs of cooling
- How 2022’s Value rally continued to recede in Developed Markets, whilst Yield outperformed in both Developed and Emerging Markets
- What factors led the UK equity market rebound and strong European equities performance
- How Canada largely mirrored US/European trends and outperformed US equity markets.
Download the report today for our latest factor performance analysis.
About the Author
Investment Metrics, a Confluence company
Alex Lustig is a Senior Consultant at Investment Metrics working on the research team. He joined when Investment Metrics acquired Style Analytics in 2021, where he focused on client relationships and style factor research. Alex holds an undergraduate degree in Economics from Boston University.